RubyData aims to increase two populations of:
- Developers who write opensource data tools for Rubyists.
- Users who use opensource data tools with their products written in Ruby.
For such developers and users, RubyData wants to provide the following things:
- Environments to try the tools
- Documents to learn the tools and related topics
- Places to collaborate with each other
Moreover, RubyData wants to make borderless world between other language communities, so we wants to cooperate with other organizations such as PyData.
- RubyData Tokyo Workshop 2017.10.26 (in Japanese)
Related projects, organizations, and communities
There are several projects, organizations, and communities that aim to make data tools for Ruby.
Red Data Tools
Red Data Tools is a project that provides data processing tools ecosystem based on Apache Arrow for Ruby.
Ruby Numo provides numo-narray and data analysis environment based on numo-narray.
SciRuby is a community of developers and users of data tools based on nmatrix library.
BioRuby develops open source bioinformatics tools for Ruby.
There are useful lists of libraries, articles, and so on managed by @arbox.